TRAFFIC ALERT: STORM THE BASTILLE RUN
Thursday, July 11, 2019
Dear Historic Third Ward neighbor:
It's time for Milwaukee's favorite French festival, Bastille Days, and the annual Associated Bank Storm the Bastille 5K Run/Walk. The run begins in the East Town neighborhood at 9:00pm and follows a slightly different route this year.
The streets along the route, with the Historic Third Ward streets indicated in bold below, will be closed from approximately 7:00pm to 10:30pm. Parking will be restricted from 5:00pm to 11:00pm, and any vehicles along this route will be ticketed and towed. The route is as follows:
• Participants will assemble on N Jefferson St from Wells to Mason
• The run will proceed south on Jefferson to E Wisconsin Avenue
• East on Wisconsin to N Prospect Avenue
• North on Prospect to E State Street
• West on State to N Jackson Street
• North on Jackson to E Juneau Avenue
• West on Juneau to N Broadway
• South on Broadway to E Menomonee Street
• East on Menomonee to N Milwaukee Street
• North on Milwaukee to E Mason Street
• East on Mason to N Jefferson Street
• and north on Jefferson to the finish line
The runners should be in and out of the neighborhood by 9:30pm, allowing streets to re-open as quickly as possible.
As always, East Town Association is doing everything possible to minimize the inconvenience for the residents and business owners of the Historic Third Ward.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Emily McElwee at the East Town Association office at 414-274-1182 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
For more information about the event in general and the run route, please visit www.easttown.com.
Thank you for your patience and continued support of this event.